Every parent is faced with at least one of these questions in their lifetime. I have been thinking so much about what Grace’s life will be like in the future. What will she be like? Easy going? Sensitive? Stubborn? I am concerned for almost everything that may cross her path: school, friends, pressure from society, failure… I am terrified. Being a parent is truly wonderful, but comes at a cost. I have to spend the next eighteen years worrying about all of the potential challenges she may face and how she’ll handle them. Seasoned parents: does the worrying ever end?
Seven Tough Questions Every Parent is Familiar With
1. Do I encourage my child to follow their dreams or encourage them to pursue “security”?
2. Should I let my toddler throw a tantrum in a public place or remove them to spare the public?
3. Do I play the strict parent or the cool parent?
4. Should I inform my children or protect them from the inevitable?
5. Do I intervene to protect my child’s spirit/pride or let them learn to fail?
6. Should I have more children or be happy with what I have?
7. How do I teach my children independence, but let them know I’m here when they need me?
…the list goes on.
How many of these are familiar to you? Have you experienced these yet? Which ones resonate with you?