I’ve been wanting to share my healthy black bean pizza sauce recipe for SO long. It’s one of my quickest go-to meals, especially on weeknights. It helps that it’s packed full of protein and only takes five minutes to make. My toddler is obsessed, and she’s constantly asking for pizza! We don’t use cheese with this recipe since it’s fully plant-based, but you can literally add any topping you like. The sauce is very versatile; I’ve even used it with pasta before. Keep reading to find out how this simple pizza sauce recipe is made!
This pizza sauce is savory, slightly sweet, full of flavor, thick in texture, and meaty tasting (from the black beans). It’s very filling too, so you don’t need a ton of toppings. You can make this easily with a store-bought pizza crust or get creative and make your own dough! My baby loves mushrooms, so I added those and hemp hearts as toppings for this pizza. I’ve made it with fresh bell peppers, olives, and even meat for my omnivore husband. He loves the taste of the sauce though.
Healthy Five Minute Black Bean Pizza Sauce
- 1 cup organic black beans, cooked
- 1 cup organic diced tomato (I used canned)
- 3 tablespoons organic tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tsp. pure maple syrup (natural sweetener)
- Gather your ingredients and place them all in your Vitamix (or any blender/food processor)
- Blend everything up in a blender until smooth, (about 15 seconds) and then pour onto pizza crust. (I just used an organic store-bought crust for convenience.)
- Add desired toppings — I used mushrooms and hemp hearts this time.
- Cook at 425 degrees F for 15 minutes.
- Let it cool, then serve and enjoy! I love dipping this in hommus.
This truly is one of the easiest things I’ve ever made, and you can’t beat healthy AND flavorful food! I’d love for you to try this out, and if you do, use the hashtag #LivinginColorEats so I can see your beautiful food photography + see your review!
If you enjoyed reading this post, please consider pinning one of the images below so that other people can find this recipe and enjoy it too!
Thank you so much for reading!