It’s almost October… you know what that means? Time to google “best costumes for Halloween” but for parents like us, who babywear on the daily we’re searching “best babywearing costumes for Halloween” because let’s face it… babywearing makes Halloween 10 times easier if you have small children. Keep reading to see real parents and their real costumes over the last few years!
THE BEST BABYWEARING COSTUME IDEAS FOR HALLOWEEN:
Star Wars inspired: Queen Amidala and Princess Leia is an adorable combo! Adina P., a babywearing enthusiast and expert costume mama hits it out of the park with both her Star Wars inspired costume, and her Ursula and Ariel costume inspired by The Little Mermaid. How gorgeous are these photos? I love her dedication to the holiday, and to babywearing.
I’m also a huge fan of the Princess Leia with Yoda costume! I’ve also seen lots of dads wear a Luke Skywalker costume and have Yoda on their back, or even Han Solo. This would be a wonderful family costume too since there are lots of characters from the movies! (Photo used with permission from Marissa J.)
Alice in Wonderland family costume: The possibilities are endless with this theme, and I love how the baby is Alice! This is also great for large families because there are lots of characters for costume inspiration! (Photo used with permission from Ali G.)
Cops and Robbers: These littles are adorable. Love the older sister wearing the baby in the photo! This is great for families of three but obviously can be expanded for families of all sizes! (Photo used with permission from Breann B.)
This is one of the most creative daddy and baby costumes I’ve seen! Love the creativity with the bowl of spaghetti! What a simple DIY costume that doesn’t cost a fortune! (Photo used with permission from Shelby H. and her hubby 😉 )
OTHER GREAT BABY CARRIER COSTUME IDEAS:
- Rosie the Riveter (denim shirt with red bandana for mom and baby both, in a gray Tula baby carrier)
- Robin Hood (for mom or dad with this adorable Tula baby carrier)
- Fire Fighter (mom or dad can wear a fire fighter costume, and grab a kid’s hat for baby with this Tula baby carrier)
- Sushi Roll (mom or dad wears white with jeans, and you can draw or paint a sushi roll on a tee shirt to fit over your baby carrier)
- Flower and a bee (mom or dad can wear a flower hat on their head, and baby can wear a kid’s bumble bee costume over baby carrier)
- Baker and a cupcake (mom or dad can dress up as a baker, and the cupcake costume can be DIY’d or purchased and placed over baby carrier)
- Football team and referee (mom or dad can dress up as football players or ref’s and other kiddos can dress up too! Baby can be the “football” with a painted DIY t-shirt to look like a football)
If this article was helpful to you, please consider sharing or pinning the photo below so other parents can find it and read it too!
I hope these costumes were inspirational to you! What do you plan to be for Halloween?
Which babywearing costume idea is your favorite?
Thank you so much for reading!