If you’re on the fence about adding a denim skirt to your closet, look no further… I’m about to convince you. If you were lived through the ’90s you know that denim was on trend then, and now it’s come back around. Yes, the denim jacket, denim skirts, and EVEN overalls. We’re that into the ’90s fashion and I must admit, I’m not complaining. Keep reading to see five reasons you need to add a denim skirt to your closet.
FIVE REASONS TO TRY OUT A DENIM SKIRT
1. You’ll look dressy even if you wear it with a t-shirt. I think we can all agree that denim skirts make everything look less casual and more put-together. The word “skirt” itself makes me think I need to at least couple it with some make-up.
2. It’s a total tribute to the ’90s and all of your favorite TV shows. Think Rachel from FRIENDS, or even your favorite characters from Saved By the Bell. This piece is a nod to your favorite ’90s shows that you wish were still around. Keep them alive with your timeless style.
3. Denim skirts are comfortable AF. Comfort is key. That’s an underlying theme around here, but really – I rock this denim skirt all day long and feel like I’m wearing pajamas. I don’t know if I’m just tricking myself because it’s jeans, but more comfortable because they aren’t hugging my legs, or what but denim skirts are the way to go.
4. They don’t really go out of style. I know lots of people that never stopped rocking the denim skirt. Honestly, even if you don’t feel like it’s “in” you can always wear it over your swimsuit at the beach. These items are totally multi-use.
5. This one is pretty subjective, but denim skirts are affordable. If you want to get super cheap, you can thrift one of these for a dollar or two at your local Savers or Goodwill. I found this Topshop one for only $55, and I’ve already gotten so much use out of it. I’m considering buying it in a second wash; that’s how much I love it.
SHOP THE OUTFIT:
Similar top (love this one too) | Denim skirt (only $55) | Similar sandals | Similar hat | Gabriel Cosmetics lip color ‘taupe’ c/o
Jacqueline and I post our link-ups every Thursday! Each week we style a specific theme and share it with our readers + fellow bloggers alongside a special guest host. We love the community it encourages and learning about everyone’s unique take on a specific trend. Come back weekly to visit us! This week our theme is favorite hats.
HOW TO LINK-UP:
1. We kindly ask that you follow the two hosts: Larissa from Living in Color on Bloglovin’, Jacqueline from Stylin’ In St. Louis via Bloglovin’, and our guest host Jenn of Mrs. Casual. (The first 3 links in the link-up.)
2. Please link back to Larissa and Jacqueline’s blog on the post you linked to, stating that you joined in on the fun over at Spotlight Weekly.
3. Enjoy reading other blogs and make new blogger friends!
SPOTLIGHT: This week’s spotlight is Rachel of a A Blonde’s Moment. Jacqueline and I adore her look from last week’s link-up! Be sure to stop by her blog and say hello.
NEXT WEEK: Next week our link-up theme is _______! Thanks so much for linking up each week! Have a fabulous rest of your day!
If you enjoyed this post, please pin the image below so other ladies can find it and read it too!
Thank you so much for reading!
<!— end InLinkz script –>