I’ve been wanting to share tips on how to style a wide-brimmed hat for quite some time. I get several comments on my various hats. Some of the comments are simply “love your hat” but others are “I could never wear a hat” or “I just don’t look good in hats” but the truth is, anyone can rock a fedora. I’m sharing my favorite tips, and also reasons you should at least give wide-brimmed hats a chance!
HOW TO STYLE A WIDE-BRIMMED HAT:
There are several ways to style a hat. The black, wide-brimmed fedora is especially daunting. I used to be afraid of black hats because I didn’t want to look like a witch when I wore them. Now, I don’t think twice. This piece has become a definite staple in my closet for all seasons.
You can style a black wide-brimmed hat one of three ways:
1.With jeans and a white top — any girly, white top looks great with a wide-brimmed fedora because you have a girly piece with an edgy piece. Also I personally don’t wear any jeans other than distressed haha. Am I lame or what?
2. With a dress or romper — I think chambray anything looks great with a black, wide-brimmed hat! Hats and dresses are honestly made for each other.
3. With shorts and an off-the-shoulder tee or sweater — nothing beats the boho look of an OTS tee and oversized, boyfriend shorts, and a hat (just like the cherry on top). Here are some outfit ideas for this style tip!
SHOP THE OUTFIT:
Joules white top c/o| Levi’s 721 Distressed High Rise Skinny Jeans (fit: TTS I’m wearing a 26)| Gigi Pip hat c/o (love this one on Amazon)| Cap Toe Shoes
Jacqueline and I post our link-ups every Thursday! Each week we style a specific theme and share it with our readers + fellow bloggers alongside a special guest host. We love the community it encourages and learning about everyone’s unique take on a specific trend. Come back weekly to visit us!
HOW TO LINK-UP:
1. We kindly ask that you follow the two hosts: Larissa from Living in Color on Bloglovin’, Jacqueline from Stylin’ In St. Louis via Bloglovin’, and our guest host Kristin of Wild One Forever (The first 3 links in the link-up.)
2. Please link back to Larissa and Jacqueline’s blog on the post you linked to, stating that you joined in on the fun over at Spotlight Weekly.
3. Enjoy reading other blogs and make new blogger friends!
SPOTLIGHT: This week’s spotlight is Karen of Lady In Violet. Jacqueline and I adore her look from last week’s link-up! Be sure to stop by her blog and say hello.
NEXT WEEK: Next week our link-up theme is favorite accessories! Thanks so much for linking up each week! Have a fabulous rest of your day!
If you enjoyed this post, please pin the image below so other ladies can find this article and read it too!
Thank you so much for reading!
<!— end InLinkz script –>