It’s been awhile since I posted a recipe! I miss sharing recipes with you all. When I shared a photo of this yummy grain free peanut butter cookie dough bite on my Instagram stories, you guys went nuts. So, I’m glad to be here to share it with you today!
Grain Free Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Bites (GF, DF)
GRAIN FREE PEANUT BUTTER COOKIE DOUGH BITES
These bites are the perfect afternoon snack, or a they serve as a great guilt-free, mid-morning treat with coffee. We also have them for dessert in our house, because… chickpeas. (More on that in a bit!)
These cookies are a cinch to throw together.They’re dairy, egg, and refined sugar free. They are also gluten-free since there’s no flour or grain in them! The best part is they’re super quick and so delicious! They don’t have any bake time, just some chill time in our Samsung Family Hub fridge!
Also, it’s worth noting that if you don’t have time to make these into balls, the cookie dough is absolutely divine by the spoonful! Just store in the fridge in a mason jar.
Ingredients: (Makes 10-12 bites)
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup creamy, unsalted, unsweetened peanut butter (we use this one)
- 3-4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- optional: 1 tablespoon flax meal + 1 tablespoon ground chia seeds
- 1/2 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- Optional: If you have time, this dough is much smoother when you remove the chickpea skins. However, I don’t always do this since it makes the whole process take twice as long 😉
- Pulse all ingredients except for the chocolate chips in a food processor on high.
- Once the mixture is smooth, you can add in the chocolate chips and stir them in with a spoon.
- Let the dough chill for 30 minutes in the fridge. We love our Samsung Family Hub fridge because there’s ample room to store things to let them cool.
- Now you’re ready to form the bites!Take about a tablespoon and a half of dough, and roll into small bites. This recipe usually makes 10-12 medium-sized balls.
- Let the bites chill in the fridge before serving for about an hour (or you can cheat like me, and just eat them all right away).
- Enjoy! Store in the fridge and enjoy for up to five days!
I hope you enjoy this grain free peanut butter cookie dough bites recipe! If you do try it out, share your photos with the hashtag #livingincoloreats!
Thank you so much for reading!