I think it’s time I documented my easy and healthy chia seed jam recipe! It’s ridiculously easy and so yummy on top of sprouted toast with organic peanut butter. This jam only takes about 15 minutes and requires just three ingredients! Keep reading to see how to make it!
Easy and Healthy Chia Seed Jam
- 2-3 cups organic frozen wild blueberries (can also use strawberries or any berry) fresh or frozen
- 3 tbs. pure maple syrup
- 3 tbs. organic chia seeds
01. In a saucepan on stove cook the berries and maple syrup over medium-high heat. It takes around 5-7 minutes.
02. Once soft, take a fork or a potato masher and mash the berries. You’ll want a bit of texture but make sure you’re mashing them enough to get a good liquid going.
03. Add the chia seeds.
04. Bring it to a boil, then let the liquid and berries simmer on low for 10 minutes.
05. Let the mixture rest on the stove for another 10 minutes and then you’re done!
Its yummy fresh and warm, but also super scrumptious cold out of the fridge too. (Gracie prefers it this way.) Store in an air tight container in the fridge for up to a week! But it probably won’t last that long 😉
I hope you enjoy this easy and healthy chia seed jam recipe. Let me know if you try them out! Use the hashtag #livingincoloreats to share on Instagram so I can share too!