I am so excited to share this easy lentil soup recipe with you. It’s extremely easy to make, only takes a few minutes, and it’s packed with nutrients! Plus my girls love it. They ask for it almost every night. Keep reading to see how to make it!
Easy Lentil Soup Recipe
Easy Lentil Soup Recipe
This easy lentil soup recipe is a staple snack for our family. We keep the ingredients needed for them on hand at all times. My husband loves cooking it because it’s truly foolproof and tastes delicious every time! It has a hearty, savory flavor, and truly gives you that warm and cozy feeling. The plus is that it’s extremely kid-friendly and packed full of nutrients!
It’s also extremely easy to sub out certain veggies or beans for the carrots, potatoes, and lentils! Use what you have on hand if you’re missing something. I guarantee this will turn out delicious either way! I hope you enjoy!
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
1 small white onion, diced
- 4 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1-2 cups frozen chopped green beans (fresh or frozen)
- 3 cups yellow potatoes, chopped
- 2 tbs. veggie bullion paste
- 8-10 cups filtered water
- 1 cup frozen kale (we use frozen because it’s easy to throw in the soup, but you can use fresh too!)
- 1 tbs. rosemary
- 1 tbs. thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup uncooked green lentils
- In your big soup pot, cook your garlic and onion in about 2 tablespoons of water. I do this for around two minutes.
- Add the carrots, green beans, and potatoes and cook for another 5 minutes. I add a bit of salt and pepper at this step.
- Add the veggie bullion paste and 8 cups of the water (add 2 more cups if you think it’s needed) and lastly, add the rosemary and thyme. Make sure the paste is well dissolved.
- Bring it all to a boil. Add in the frozen kale.
- Once boiling, turn it down to a simmer. Add the green lentils, and let it simmer for about 15-20 minutes.
- Make sure the veggies are tender. I usually just stick a fork in the potatoes/carrots, and I can tell it’s ready by that test!
- Serve and enjoy! It’s truly better the next day, so we always make extra!
I hope you enjoy this easy lentil soup recipe. Let me know if you try them out! Use the hashtag #livingincoloreats to share on Instagram so I can share too!
Want to try easy vegan alfredo pasta? Check out my recipe here.
Want to make easy walnut taco meat? check out the recipe here.
Thank you so much for reading!
*Recipe adapted for our family from Minimalist Baker’s 1-Pot Vegan Lentil Soup