These soft and chewy vegan chocolate chip cookies are my new favorite easy dessert to make. I tried them out on a whim a few weeks back and my whole family devoured them. Keep reading to find out how to make these delectable yet simple treats.
Soft and Chewy Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
Soft and Chewy Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
So, these cookies are already refined-sugar free and vegan, which means they’re egg and dairy-free. However, they can easily be made gluten-free, grain-free, and/or nut-free! I included possible substitutes below for each ingredient. The key is to not cook them for too long. They’ll get too crunchy, and we want a soft and chewy cookie texture for these!
- 1 flax egg (1 tbs. flaxseed + 2.5 tablespoons warm water)
- 3/4 cups coconut sugar
- 1 cup creamy organic peanut butter (can sub sunflower seed butter too!)
- 1 cup organic whole wheat flour (you can also use almond flour or any gluten-free flour blend)
- 1 tbs pumpkin spice
- Pinch sea salt
- Vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Start by preparing your flax egg in a small bowl.
- Add the coconut sugar, peanut butter, sea salt, and pumpkin spice in and mix well.
- Add in the flour, and stir until well incorporated.
- Roll the dough into 12-15 balls, then place on cookie sheet.
- I pressed them down just a bit to flatten them. Then I added the chocolate chips on top. I added around 3-4 per cookie, which is why I didn’t include measurements for the chocolate chips above. 😉
- Cook for around 8-10 minutes. They’ll be very soft, so let them finish cooking on the pan for another ten minutes after you take them out of the oven. Then they should be ready to eat!
- Serve, and enjoy! These save well on the counter for a few days, but I doubt they will last that long!
I hope you enjoy these delicious soft and chewy vegan chocolate chip cookies. Let me know if you try it out! Use the hashtag #livingincoloreats to share on Instagram so I can share too!
Want to make vegan lactation cookies? Check out my recipe here.
Want to make vegan grain-free chickpea cookie dough bites? check out the recipe here.
Thank you so much for reading!