I’m finally sharing my favorite go-to snack for Grace and a favorite protein option that I use in countless meals. This is by-far my most requested recipe from you guys. These roasted chickpeas take me less than two minutes to whip up and then I throw the in the oven. That’s it. I use these chickpeas in tacos for Mexican night, as a topping for veggie bowls, and we eat them by themselves for a delicious, nutritious, protein-packed snack. The best part? They’re healthy and full of flavor! Keep reading to see how to make these!
EASY ROASTED CHICKPEAS
These are seasoned with flavorful things like chili powder, paprika, garlic and onion powder, and my favorite addition: a dash of turmeric. I promise that you will not be disappointed if you try these out! They save well too. I usually make a big batch and just reheat as needed for various meals.
- 1 can or box of unsalted organic chickpeas (I like the Whole Foods brand boxes or Eden cans)
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- Chosen Foods avocado oil (or olive oil) for drizzling
- Preheat your oven to 375° F.
- Pour your drained chickpeas onto a cookie sheet or baking dish.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Add your spices on top! I don’t usually measure them out. I typically just sprinkle them all over the chickpeas after I drizzle on the oil, so do what you think will taste good! I love mine super seasoned.
- Bake in the oven at 375° F for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
This truly is one of our go-to recipes and they’re super packed full of protein! I’d love for you to try this out, and if you do, use the hashtag #LivinginColorEats so I can see your beautiful food photography + see your review!
If you enjoyed reading this post, please consider pinning one of the images below so that other people can find this recipe and enjoy it too!
Thank you so much for reading!