Make store-bought pancake mix a thing of the past with easy and delicious refined sugar free, simple homemade pancakes recipe! This easy recipe will leave your husband and children asking for more! They take only five minutes to mix-up, and they’re refined sugar free! I love that I typically have all of these ingredients on hand most of the time, so in a pinch I whip these up, and my family goes nuts. Keep reading to find out how I make my simple homemade pancakes.
Simple Homemade Pancakes Recipe
This recipe really is the easiest to whip up for a Saturday morning, or even a Monday night! It took me several years to get good at cooking pancakes, but after using cast-iron I’ll never go back. Just make sure your skillet is preheated. That’s the secret to keeping the batter from sticking.
I use Spelt flour for these pancakes. It’s the best-tasting flour, in my opinion, and I prefer it over all-purpose or wheat for it’s low-glycemic benefits. This recipe makes around 10 small pancakes and I find that it’s plenty for my family of four, but you’re welcome to double it and save or freeze the rest for quick weekday morning breakfasts!
Simple Homemade Pancakes (Refined Sugar Free)
- 2 cups spelt flour (you can sub any flour, but I love spelt for these)
- 1 tbs coconut sugar
- 1 tbs baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Redmond's Real Salt
- 1.5-2 cups almond milk (can sub cow milk or any non-dairy milk)
- 2 pastured eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- maple syrup, yogurt, cinnamon (for topping)
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add milk, egg, and vanilla and whisk until smooth. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F.
- Preheat a cast-iron skillet (medium heat).
- Coat with pastured butter or non-dairy butter.
- Pour 1/3 cup of batter onto griddle.
- When bubbles start to form throughout the pancake, flip it over.
- Place in the oven. I like to store the cooked pancakes in the oven on a cookie sheet to keep them warm until it's time for everyone to eat!
- Repeat until all the batter is gone.
- I top our pancakes with cinnamon, sometimes coconut yogurt, or even peanut butter! I also use maple syrup of course! I hope you enjoy!
Favorite Pancake-Making Supplies:
Here are a few of my favorite kitchen items for making pancakes. I highly recommend using a cast-iron skillet instead of a non-stick pan. It’s one of the best kitchen switches I’ve made.
I hope you enjoy this simple homemade pancakes recipe. If you do try it out, I would love to see your result! Share using the hashtag #livingincoloreats and/or tag me on Instagram! Thank you so much for reading!