Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Baked Oatmeal
A one-bowl, whole foods based breakfast recipe that can be modified for gluten-free, dairy-free, and egg-free diets. It's also refined-sugar free if you use chocolate chips that don't contain refined sugar!
- 2-3 ripe, spotty bananas mashed
- 2 eggs (can sub flax eggs)
- 3/4 cups milk (I used almond)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (can sub honey)
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil, melted butter, or ghee
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 cup Hu Kitchen chocolate gems (use a few more if using regular chocolate chips)
Preheat oven to 350 F.
In a large bowl, mash bananas and then add in: eggs, milk, coconut oil (or butter), syrup, vanilla.
Add in oats, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt.
Line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper and pour mixture into pan.
Bake 20-25 minutes until edges are brown. Let cool and serve.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week.