Dutch Baby Pancake Recipe (Refined Sugar Free)
My take on a refined sugar-free, spelt flour Dutch baby pancake. Requires minimal time and minimal ingredients recipe for a quick and delicious weekday or weekend breakfast.
- 1 tablespoon pastured butter or coconut oil
- 4 pastured eggs
- 3/4 cups milk (can use plant milk, cow milk, raw milk etc.)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cups spelt flour (can sub a paleo flour)
- 1 apple, sliced (or another fruit like blueberries or blackberries)
01. Begin by preheating the oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Place a large cast iron skillet in the oven to pre-heat.
Whisk together all ingredients except butter/coconut oil and fruit in a large bowl until well-combined.
Take skillet out of the oven and add the butter/coconut oil to it to melt. (Be careful, it will be hot!)
Pour the pancake batter into the skillet and top with the slice apples or other fruit.
Bake for 15-17 minutes until golden brown! I slice into pizza-style slices and serve with a bit of maple syrup.